David & MallerlyIan & FayeJenni

David and Mallerly were welcomed as the tenants of the 2,000th National Affordable Housing-NRAS dwelling. The couple met and married in Columbia where David was working at the time. The couple decided to move back to Australia to raise their two children but were concerned about the high cost of living. Mallerly and David, who works in the community sector, were approved for NRAS and their family is now settled into their bayside suburban home.

Ian has been employed as a groundskeeper for many years and his wife Faye is happily retired. Unfortunately, the bank repossessed the rental house they were living in and the couple was forced to move out immediately. They were quickly referred into the NRAS Scheme and approved for a brand new house in Cosgrove. Upon approval, Ian and Faye discovered that their eldest daughter and her family were building their own home right down the street. The couple is very comfortable in their new home and is looking forward to living so close to their family.

For three years, Jenni lived with her two children in an National Affordable Housing-NRAS house in Townsville. When Jenni decided to move to the Sunshine Coast to be closer to family, she was referred to NAH’s Brisbane office which was able to find her a newly constructed home near her family.

Applicants & Tenants

National Affordable Housing’s commitment to tenants

Steps to apply for an NRAS rental property

Eligibility for renting an NRAS property through National Affordable Housing in Queensland

Queensland state requirements

Australian federal requirements

Maintaining NRAS eligibility

Housing Services Offices

Eligibility for renting an NRAS property through National Affordable Housing in Queensland

  • In order to be considered for a property, you must first be an approved applicant under the NRAS Scheme.
  • Please visit the Department of Communities website and complete the online Eligibility Check and Application.
  • Apply for NRAS Approval – Please note only one NRAS number is required per household.
  • Rental applications can be obtained from quick links, on SNUG.com, by contacting one of our Housing Service Offices, or when attending an Open for Inspection for one of our NRAS properties.
  • One application must be completed by everyone who will be living in the property who is over the age of 18.
  • Any pets must be listed on application. Pets must be registered with the relevant Local Council.
  • Please note: approval of pets is subject to the Landlord and Body Corporate approval.