David & MallerlyIan & FayeJenni

David and Mallerly were welcomed as the tenants of the 2,000th National Affordable Housing-NRAS dwelling. The couple met and married in Columbia where David was working at the time. The couple decided to move back to Australia to raise their two children but were concerned about the high cost of living. Mallerly and David, who works in the community sector, were approved for NRAS and their family is now settled into their bayside suburban home.

Ian has been employed as a groundskeeper for many years and his wife Faye is happily retired. Unfortunately, the bank repossessed the rental house they were living in and the couple was forced to move out immediately. They were quickly referred into the NRAS Scheme and approved for a brand new house in Cosgrove. Upon approval, Ian and Faye discovered that their eldest daughter and her family were building their own home right down the street. The couple is very comfortable in their new home and is looking forward to living so close to their family.

For three years, Jenni lived with her two children in an National Affordable Housing-NRAS house in Townsville. When Jenni decided to move to the Sunshine Coast to be closer to family, she was referred to NAH’s Brisbane office which was able to find her a newly constructed home near her family.

Applicants & Tenants

National Affordable Housing’s commitment to tenants

Steps to apply for an NRAS rental property

Eligibility for renting an NRAS property through National Affordable Housing in Queensland

Queensland state requirements

Australian federal requirements

Maintaining NRAS eligibility

Housing Services Offices

Queensland state requirements

To be eligible to tenant an NRAS property in Queensland, you must also fulfil the following household eligibility criteria determined by the State Government:

  • You must be an Australian citizen, have permanent residency or have been issued with a temporary protection or bridging visa.
  • You must be a Queensland resident or provide evidence of a definite need to move to Queensland.
  • You or your household members must not own or part-own property within Australia or overseas. This includes residential or commercial property, land, mobile home or caravan.
  • The household’s liquid asset does not exceed $116,375.00 for a single person household or $148,625.00 for a household with two or more members (including cash savings, fixed term deposits, shares, bonds but not vehicles).
  • No-one in our household own or part-own one of the following assets:

a) Residential (including house, flat, unit or townhouse;

b) Vacant Land (including residential, commercial or industrial;

c) Live aboard boat, caravan, mobile home, or transportable home permanently connected to utilities;

d) Industrial property; or

e) Commercial property.